- 1 lb bison sirloin or other tender cut
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (light soy sauce may be substituted)
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Thai Chili sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (light soy sauce may be substituted)
- 1/4 cup Cointreau
- 1 tsp sugar
- Juice from one large orange (minimum 3 tbsp)
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp grated gingerroot
- 1 green pepper, cubed
- 1 sweet red pepper, cubed
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- Zest from 2 large oranges
- Cooked Rice
- Green onions cut into strips (Garnish)
- Combine the Seasoning Sauce ingredients (hoisin sauce, Thai Chili sauce, soy sauce, Cointreau, sugar, & orange juice) and set aside.
- Cut bison steak into long thin strips. Combine egg white, cornstarch, water, and soy sauce in a bowl. Add bison strips and combine well.
- Heat 2 tbsp of canola oil in a wok over high heat. Quickly drain bison strips using a wire sieve. Add bison strips to wok. Stir fry until brown. Remove bison strips from wok and set aside. Wipe wok clean.
- Put remaining 2 tbsp canola oil in wok and return to burner. Add two thirds of the zest to wok. Stir and cook for about 30 seconds or until orange zest just begins to brown slightly. Add garlic, ginger, green and red peppers. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add seasoning sauce and browned bison strips to wok and bring to a boil. Remove wok from burner. Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Add to wok and return to burner. Bring to a boil and continue to cook until desired thickness is reached. Serve immediately over cooked rice. Garnish with remaining orange zest and green onion strips.
Copyright 2017 - Bison Basics